Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

1.30.2011

How It all Started...

As I was sitting here thinking about how this whole thing started, I had a hard time pinpointing the moment I decided to start Stitchy Britches.  Back in the fall, I was monogramming a lot of things for my own kids.  A couple of friends asked if I would be willing to do some stuff for them, which I gladly did.  When I was visiting a friend from college (who lives in another city), she told me about a party she went to where they all brought their own items (shirts, bags, etc) and the girl there took orders for monograms or appliqués.  I knew I wanted to do it!  So I came home, made an evite, and sent it out.  The week after Thanksgiving, about 20 friends came to my house.  I thought people might bring one shirt a piece, but I was way wrong.  I ended up with over 80 orders that night!  After the party (and the initial shock that I would be spending every waking second between then and Christmas in the sewing room), I decided to go for it!  Thus, the birth a fun new adventure for me.  I hope you will find some cute stuff here for your kids or your home.  Happy Stitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment